Sunday, March 9, 2014

Special Mail.

Do any of you know the song 
"Love Letters in the sand."

Well I got a love letter in the" post." 
I  went out with Granny to get the mail and GUESS what????
I pull from the mail box a letter addressed to ME...
I could not believe my eyes. 
The letter said it came all the way from the Netherlands.
That means it had a plane ride over the ocean.

It said the writer of this card heard I had a colorful Elli making eyes at me.
HELP!!!
The writing said she was a pretty bear, and single,..... Big Help is needed now.
She says she has beautiful flowers in her garden and the bear on the card was holding some for me..
Then she didn't know what to say, and there was lots of hmm's and eh's and humm's
Then she signed it beautifully.
Lovely Greeting from Holland!!
Daisy.

Am I blushing, or have I got a temperature????
"Granny will people and bears tease me getting love letters."
She said, it really was a friendship letter not a love letter. "So do you have to say lovey, mushy things for love letters Granny?"
Oh dear it is so lovely to be admired from people way over the sea.
Especially from a bear in the Netherlands where they have windmills and tulips.
(I looked it up)
Wendy..... I wonder what she looks like??
Will she have pink fur.. or brown. May be she is a blond..?
Her mom is called Pink so she might be pink.
Does she have pimples? Is she tiny or my size?
I have so many questions going around in my head.

Granny says I am loosing it and going to mush, and I need to get back to the real world.
So this big bear was brought for Granny to mend this week. He is sitting on a normal size chair.
He is a whooper and is quite heavy. There are still a few seams to stitch 
tomorrow.

This is a Shibori scarf Granny made at felting yesterday. It is not finished yet.
Well I am a little off my tucker with all that love letter thing.
I think I will survive on lovely thoughts of Wendy.

See you all next week.

Welcome

A warm welcome to Denise from http://densteds-bears-by-denise.blogspot.com
Denise makes really great bears and has the most beautiful garden.
We hope you enjoy your time reading our blog and seeing our bears.

My thought for the week.
"Kindness is the language the blind can see and the deaf can hear.
"Mark Twain."

12 comments:

  1. What a sentimental story! It's wonderful to get a real letter in our century!
    Hugs,
    Eli

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Wilbur,

    Well, it's bound to happen since your posts are read all over the world - GIRLFRIENDS!!! You're handsome, charming, kind, gentle, and AVAILABLE. Of course girly bears are falling paw over tail for you.

    It's not that scary. It's not like a girly bear proposed to you. Relax and enjoy all the attention.

    Heaps of Hugs
    Prudence ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Wilbur - you're a heartbreaker! *LOL* How exciting to get a love letter... eh... friendship letter coming all the way from the Netherlands. Will you answer her?

    Hugs
    Flutterby + Birgit

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love letters?! Eeeewwww yucky!

    The Clan, Jack & Boo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Kay and Wilbur,

    How very lucky to get a letter in the mail - so exciting to get a lovely surprise in the mail box. Now that is a big bear sitting on the chair. Also love the scarf.
    Happy new week
    hugs
    Carolyn

    ReplyDelete
  6. How lovely to receive such a sweet letter :-)! The big bear for repairs is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Wilbur! This is so exciting. I can imagine:)
    Hope you will reply and she will send you her photo..)))

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wilbur, no need to be shy! Afterall you ARE a handsome, I mean VERY handsome, bear! Ofcourse girls could have an eye on you.....but nothing to be afraid of! I don't know her personal but I'm pretty sure she likes to be friends with you and I heard she is a very kind bear-girl. By the way you look great with a blush!

    Now, will you please tell Granny that I love the scarve so much! and the big bear, well well, beautiful!

    Have a lovely day dear Wilbur, together with Granny!

    BIG hugs from Pink

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm positive there is a Wilbur Fan Club out there somewhere too! I hope Granny will help you write a nice thank you note to Wendy.

    Ali

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dearest Kay,
    What a lovely story and funny that the card came from my birht country The Netherlands!
    Our German son and daughter are not by blood but maybe that's the reason we even get better along.
    It warms our hearts if others come a long way to see you and think about finding some cute gifts. I was thrilled with the huge basket of edibles they did carry from their area with specialty foods. Mom & Dad enjoyed that so much and it made my heart sing!
    Got a new Internet connection this afternoon (late) and now I'm having a steady connection instead of on/off. That was such an annoying thing for having to copy each comment or text before I hit publish. I've lost so much work. Changing internet server sure also is a lot of work, changing email address and moving things.
    But guess we all can no longer live without it!
    Bears can, they dream sweet dreams after receiving some 'lovely' card from afar...
    Hugs to you,
    Mariette

    ReplyDelete
  11. it's so great to receive mail and postcards. lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Wilbur you such a lucky bear to have received a letter♥ I have not recived one in the mail in years only bills :-( you must reply to her. Lots of love and hugs to you and Granny ♥

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Thanks for taking the time